Saturday, March 8, 2014

To Ottawa

We've arrived safely in Ottawa, where the NU 5 are hunkering down for the night before we all head to Iqaluit and then go our separate ways. It's so wonderful to see everyone again -- to catch up and readjust ourselves for our trip north. What a treat to share in this experience with such lovely women! I would encourage all of you, faithful readers, to visit their blogs (available handily under "The NU 5" in the sidebar).

This morning, I was treated to a lovely breakfast of steak and eggs and then said goodbye to Kerstin and headed to the airport with my brother. And, because I promised, here is a photo of the ensemble that I wore to the airport, and continued wearing as I tromped around between gates. Fashion.

Please note: Everything I need is packed in those three bags.
Packing Achievement: UNLOCKED.

Let me tell you, I was toasty all day. I did think to pack little flats inside of my carry-on luggage, and so was able to slip these monster boots off when I needed to be a little more nimble-footed.

We met Nick at the Halifax International Airport for a farewell lunch and then had a pain-free flight all the way over Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Quebec and into Ontario, where we found our way to the hotel and then on to food. Tomorrow, we're catching the airport shuttle at 7am (conveniently, Daylight Savings Time -- which starts at 2am this morning -- cancels out any time difference between Atlantic Standard and Eastern and so we will happily continue on in our 'own' time zone) and then Brooke and I will be spending most of the day en route to Pond Inlet.

As for now? Well, the hotel we're staying at happens to have a pool that is looking awfully tempting -- and, naturally, swimsuits were packed for our journey (and by naturally, I mean after researching our hotel and finding out it has a pool/hot tub, not because of a latent desire to take an arctic dip). So it's hot tub, tea, and getting a good night's sleep before continuing on!

The NU 5 -- Terin, Kris, Brooke, and Jenny (and yours truly behind the camera)
(Yes, all of that luggage is ours... Five trolleys in total!)

No comments:

Post a Comment